Real estate licenses, much like your driver's license, are state issued. Because of Siouxland's distinction of being a tri-state region, we deal with three separate licenses and the
requirements from each state. In order to sell real estate in any state, you must have a license in that state. It is usually best to get your primary license in the state where you live.
All three states (Iowa, Nebraska & South Dakota) have pre-license classes that you must complete before you are able to sit for the Real Estate license exam.
Online Pre-License Course for Iowa Residents
- Must be 18 years of age - 3 year license
- Click on Iowa Resident link above for complete details
- Iowa allows you to take your pre-license course online. United Real Estate Solutions in concert with the Iowa Association of Realtors offer the online pre-license class
Iowa Online Pre-License Class
South Dakota Resident
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. - 1 year license
- Click on Nebraska Resident link above for complete details
- Must be 18 years of age - 2 year license
- Click on South Dakota Resident link above for complete details
For more information, contact us at: